Morel Mushrooms are a pretty big deal in Minnesota (they are actually Minnesota’s state mushroom) and a few friends of mine are particularly obsessed with them. Mr. John Ratzloff, My favorite Minnesotan photographer just posted some Morel Meal photos, which made me miss the old Midwest and got me so excited for some summertime Morels.
I particularly enjoy the cat in the 3rd photos eyeing up the shrooms
My lovely friend Dori has been rocking headscarves lately and as she lives in the super hip Montreal so I’m guessing this trend is only gonna get bigger.
It all started with….
then the 80’s….
and now its back…
I like them all! time to get some use out of all the crazy scarves I have
Garance Dore, (The Sartorialist’s Main Squeeze) recently wrote an article about How To Get Assaulted by a Horde of Street Photographers
Here are some Good hints…
• Wear colors —> It makes for photos that pop.
• Wear nothing but black —> You’ll look like a fashion editor.
• Wear big sunglasses / Wear big corrective glasses / Wear a big hat —> The less you’re seen, the more you’re wanted.
• Wear heels. Super high ones OR/AND super bizarre OR/AND super colorful. If the heel is made of an old doorknob / legos / a stuffed animal, +2 pts.
• Mix improbable prints.
• Wear open-toed shoes without stockings in the snow / fur in summer —> dressing for the wrong season is very in fashion.
• Wear the pièce de resistance of the season. This season, it’s :
- A long skirt (make sure you have the burst of wind to go with)
- An enormous fur
And there are apparently 3 kinds of Attitudes:
• Attitude #1 = Have a telephone, of course! But not so fast, don’t you dare talk, it doesn’t photograph well. Just listen, or even better, send a text.
• Attitude # 2 = Look busy! Have a fancy invitation in your hand (—> you’ve got somewhere to be)(You don’t have one? Just grab pretty much any half-sheet of paper and you’re set) and walk fast (—> your driver’s waiting on you, you’re so important) with the sense that you just want to be left alone, but not too much now (be careful to keep moderation).
• Attitude #3 = Hail a cab like a ballerina would dance Swan Lake. Long lines ladies !
Prague and the czech republic has been coming up in my life a lot recently, one of these cases is the book I’m reading right now “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” I highly reccomend it. It’s amazing!
anyway… time for some LIFE pictures
SOOO I was skiing in Utah this weekend, my pops and I went to the Lady Gaga Concert in Salt Lake on Saturday. Scissor sisters opened, they were great! and gaga was a ton of fun, but the real stars of the evening were her die hard fans who dressed up in true gaga fashion for their “mother monster”
& this one might have to be next years christmas card
even when a girl a few seats away from us peaked in drunkenness and puked before the show started, it was a Fabulous night !
With title’s like “still grazing after all these years” and “gossip in the grain”, his very geometrical cows, barns and landscapes just get to me.
I was in an old junk store in Salt Lake City today perusing through their musty books, rusty ashtrays and old TIME Magazines, so of course I went home and looked around on their old archives. These photos are real gems
Sinatra, also love his old reel to reel player
Gracie Allen/Roy Rodgers/Audrey Hepburn
Just saw this on pintrest and DIED! This will, without a doubt, be in the all future gardens of all my future homes
it’s spring break for the kids in school and its still perpetual break for me, so now that everyone will be free our house will probably look like this
from one of my favorite movies “dasies” via
this was NPR’s photo of the day. Gosh darnit! if I see a picture this cute I’m going to have to put it on my blog!
If you know the street where I live, you know it is the most forgotten street in the District of Columbia. POT HOLES GALORE! there is a hole that has recently come back after its winter hiatus and I think if i get to close it just might eat my feet off. how do we fix this problem?
Pot Hole Garden!
These pictures are all from paris (of course)